Happy Bosses’ Day! To show our appreciation for all that our partners do for the firm & staff, we shared in some of our favorite recipes potluck style. Gathering around an array of food was a fun celebration for the firm to share in. McCoy Russell is fortunate to have leadership that recognizes that their success is as much their teams as their own.
A handful of McCoy Russell staff spent Friday evening helping those who are in need of support. The firm paired up with Transition Projects, to lend a hand to Doreen’s place. Doreen’s place is a residential shelter to help support adults (18+) who are experiencing homelessness regain stability. They offer a sober environment, safety off the street, and connections to housing and services.
The volunteers had the opportunity to prep, cook, and serve a full course dinner to the residents that evening. This humbling experience reminds us, at McCoy Russell, why we are adamant about giving back to the community we work and live in.
McCoy Russell’s annual in-house flu shot clinic, open to staff and family members, was a success once again. We had even more of our in-house staff getting vaccinated than our premier flu shot clinic last year. Thank you to those who participated! We aim on creating an environment that ensure our team members can thrive in a high pressure field. The flu shot clinic is another example of implemented strategies focused on the well-being of our staff.
PORTLAND, OR, Oct 09, 2019/ Attorney John Russell has been invited to speak at the upcoming USPTO Patent Data Conference held on October 22nd at Elijah J McCoy Midwest Regional USPTO. He will be one of several featured speakers addressing various topics regarding use and integration of patent information into business strategic planning.
John Russell has been a recognized leader at the forefront of how to take advantage of patent office data for strategic portfolio development. His blog, www.mriplaw.com, has been at the forefront of the industry in offering practice tips in how patent applicants can navigate the USPTO. For anyone wanting to hear John’s unique insight, this conference presents a rare opportunity.
Registration to attend the event is free has both in-person and video conference options. For registration, please follow the link here.
- Russell Slifer, Chief Executive Officer for Black Hills IP. Former Deputy Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Deputy Directory of the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Damian Porcari, Regional Director, Midwest US Patent and Trademark Office
- Scott Beliveau, USPTO Branch Chief of Advanced Analytics
- Christophe Mazenc, Ph.D, Director of WIPO Global Databases Division (by Video Conference)
- Lustin Diaconescu, Head of Patent Database Section of WIPO (by Video Conference)
From industry and tech:
- Jay Yonamine, Ph.D, Head of Data Science, Global Patents at Google (by Video Conference)
- Chad Gilles Esq., Founder of BigPatentData.com
- Lisa Lepore, Ph.D, Sales Director, Questel-Americas
- Anthony Trippe, Founder of Patinfomatics
From law and academia and industry:
- Prof. Dennis Crouch, “PatentlyO” blog author and Law Professor at University of Missouri School of Law
- John D. Russell, Ph.D, “Mriplaw” blog author and Partner at McCoy Russell
- Elizabeth Kendall, Founder of Impeccable IP and attorney at Nelson, Mullins, Riley and Scarborough
- Prof. Oliver Mayer, Head of Cluster Energy Technology, Bayern Innovativ GmbH (by Video Conference)
PORTLAND, OR, October 7, 2019 // For Immediate Release
McCoy Russell continues to expand its brand protection practice with the addition of W. Tyler Hall to the firm as a Trademark Attorney effective September 30, 2019.
Tyler Hall is an experienced trademark attorney with experience representing clients in all aspects of trademark matters, including managing portfolios and licensing, conducting due diligence, and preparing and prosecuting applications. He is also an editor for the ABA IP Section of Landslide Magazine.
We are pleased to welcome Tyler Hall to our practice at McCoy Russell.
McCoy Russell LLP is a nationally ranked boutique, woman-owned, intellectual property law firm headquartered in Portland, Oregon and focused on the prosecution and development of patent and trademark portfolios. www.mccrus.com – Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
PORTLAND, OR, Oct 04, 2019/ McCoy Russell founding Partner Anna McCoy & Attorney Janina Malone recently presented at a Lunch & Learn hosted by Oregon Bioscience Incubator and OTRADI. The presentation included information examining the trend of “Funding in Connection with Women Inventorship”. As funding continues to lag for women entrepreneurs in Biotechnology, these two highly experienced IP attorneys offered a multi-tiered approach as a solution to increase patent filings, funding, and participation from women inventors.
This approach incorporates company support, women actions, and investor awareness to enhance women participation at all levels, including brainstorming, invention submission, etc. They addressed issues women face while seeking funding, how diversity in leadership teams lead to higher revenue for innovation, and strategies companies can implement to foster innovation.
This was a great opportunity to advocate not only for diversity, but to help advance inclusion of women inventors within Biotechnology. As the largest women-owned intellectual property firm in the US, McCoy Russell aims to protect innovation through patents and hopes to see more female inventors named on them.